- Mayor: Joseph Curtatone
- Board of Aldermen President: William A. White, Jr.
- The Board of Aldermen has 11 elected members
- Governor: Charlie Baker
- School Governance Structure: The School Committee consists of 7 members elected by ward every two years (on the odd years). The Mayor and the Board of Aldermen President are ex-officio members with full voting rights.
- Chief State School Officer: Mitchell D. Chester
- Superintendent: Mary Skipper
- Massachusetts Teachers Association President: Barbara Madeloni
- Director of Health and Human Services: Doug Kress
- SEIU United Healthcare East Vice President: Tyrek D. Lee, Sr.
Crime Rate Data (according to Neighborhood Scout’s 2014 data):
- 2.71 annual violent crimes per 1,000 residents
- 15.7 annual property crimes per 1,000 residents
- Crime Index of 43* (safer than 43% of all cities in the U.S.)
Primary Health Care Organizations:
- Cambridge Health Alliance
*The FBI UCI data for Massachusetts (2014) shows that Somerville appears to be safer than 66% of Massachusetts cities with a population of at least 50,000.