- Mayor: Kim Driscoll
- City Council President: Josh H. Turiel
- Governor: Charlie Baker
- School Governance Structure: The School Committee consists of 9 elected members. The Mayor serves as the Chair of the Committee.
- Chief State School Officer: Mitchell D. Chester
- Superintendent: Margarita Ruiz
- Salem Teachers Union President: Beth Kontos
- Board of Health Chairperson: Sharma Alam
- SEIU United Healthcare East Vice President: Tyrek D. Lee, Sr.
Crime Rate Data (according to Neighborhood Scout):
- 3.64 annual violent crimes per 1,000 residents
- 28.3 annual property crimes per 1,000 residents
- Crime Index of 19 (safer than 19% of cities in the U.S.)
Primary Health Care Organizations:
- North Shore Medical Center
- North Shore Community Health Center