- Mayor: Jorge Elorza
- City Council President: David Salvatore
- State Governor: Gina Raimondo
- School Governance Structure: The Providence School Board consists of 9 appointed members.
- Chief State School Officer: Ken Wagner
- Superintendent: Christopher Maher
- Providence Teachers Union President: Maribeth Calabro
- Director of Department of Human Services: Melba Depeña Affigne
- Director of Department of Health: Dr. Nicole Alexander-Scott
- SEIU NE President: David Pickus
Crime Rate Data (according to Neighborhood Scout):
- 5.2 annual violent crimes per 1,000 residents
- 38.78 annual property crimes per 1,000 residents
- Crime Index of 10 (safer than 10% of cities in the U.S.)
Primary Health Care Organizations:
- Providence Community Health Centers
- Rhode Island Free Clinic
- Clinic Esperanza
Stefan serves as the By All Means consultant to Providence, RI. He most recently led Langston Hughes Academy, a Pre-K through 8th grade open-enrollment school in the Recovery School District, in post-Katrina New Orleans, where he served as principal, assistant principal and teacher for nine years. In his last year at the helm, the school had the third highest student achievement growth of any open-enrollment K-8 school in the city of New Orleans, resulting in the increase of the school’s letter grade. Prior to his work in New Orleans, he coordinated a boys mentoring program in Providence, RI. Inspired by his grandfather, a civil rights lawyer who argued Brown v. Board before the Supreme Court, Stefan has been a fierce advocate for integration and equity throughout his career.
Stefan earned a bachelor’s degree in Political Science and Development Studies from Brown University and a master’s degree in History from the University of New Orleans. He is currently pursuing his doctorate in Education Leadership at Harvard University and plans to work in a large, urban school district during his residency and after graduation.
*click to view full size